Thursday, April 22, 2010

Soooo long since my last post. Soooo busy with school work, homework (mine and the kids), and housework (including working around a few updates).

I felt the need to write today after having an interesting "conversation" with my 3 year old son. We were living with my mom for a couple of weeks while our only bathroom was under construction. Keep this in mind as I convey the conversation:

Him: I want to go outside.

Me: Not now, Mommy needs to lie down. (I have had little sleep and I have a migrane coming on with class in a couple of hours.)

Him: I want to go outside.

Me: No.

Him: Yes.

Me: [his name], I said No!

Him: Grandma said Yes!

Well, you can imagine by this point I am trying not to laugh. The tiny kid played the "Grandma card." I telephoned my mom and she told me about my nephew when she was visiting them a few weeks earlier.

He wanted something from his parents and had asked each of them. After trying both and getting a no, she heard him calling, "GRANDMAAA!" The little child played the grandma card.

Then "Grandma" chuckled and said, "This is what I live for."

I have 2 words, "Thanks, Mom."

Oh, and it didn't work. They didn't get their way.

2 comments:

  1. That's great. This is a story you should cherish. I wish my kids could play that card. Maybe someday we'll all live close again...and hopefully it's not a 6x3 foot plot in a cemetery! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, when do I get the Grandma card?

    ReplyDelete